Sunday 2 December 2012

Ribbon Girl Christmas challenge …


Good morning crafters, how are you all this Sunday morning?
I’ve had a busy weekend as it was my Husbands birthday. We went out for lunch on Friday and then to the German Christmas market, it’s always the first time I feel a bit Christmassy when I visit there!
Yesterday we went to the seaside, to Whitby. I like to go out of season when it’s a bit quieter but although it was a nice day it was freezing cold so our long walk along the beach was actually a very short walk along the beach
Keith doesn’t eat cake so I made him a lovely steak pie (his favourite) and after we left yesterday morning my Son cut out some pastry letters and wrote Happy Birthday Dad on the pie so he was quite pleased when it came out of the oven, It’s not often that we all sit down to eat together nowadays but both kids stayed in and we had a lovely family meal for the first time in ages
 
***
 
Enough rambling and onto today's card …
It’s time for the Christmas challenge over at The Ribbon Girl and the theme is;
HO HO HO!
We want to see lots of lovely Christmas cards and there is a fab prize up for grabs as always; a £20 Gift Voucher to spend on The Ribbon Girl website PLUS a stamp of the winners choice from Lili of the Valley
 
***
 
I’ve made a card and a tag, I haven’t used a stamp which was quite a challenge for me but I wanted to try and showcase the fab Ribbon Girl products. I made the tag as an afterthought and actually liked that better than the card!
 
 
Ribbon Girl December
 
Ribbon Girl December Card
 
 
 Ribbon Girl December Tag x
 
Ribbon Girl December Tag 2 Ribbon Girl December Tag 3
 

Here’s what I used from the Ribbon Girl;
Button Twine natural and red (this is so handy)
 
They do also have Rusty Jingle Bells which would have been perfect for this project in hindsight
 
I’ve used my favourite Marianne tree die and the Krafty Christmas papers from Lili of the Valley, I inked all the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink
The little paper tags are from the Christmas Sentiment Tags sheet and the little red bells were from my stash
The actual tag base is just one I got from a pair of jeans that my Daughter bought, I’ve had it a while and knew it would come in handy lol
 
***
That’s it from me, make sure you have a look at all the gorgeous inspiration from the other Ribbon Girls to give you a few ideas for the challenge
 
As always thank you for all the lovely comments and enjoy the rest of your weekend
 
 
 






14 comments:

  1. Anne this is gorgeous I love the design and the little tree is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazing design Anne and I love the matching tag.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I just love the kraft christmas paper,colours are wonderful, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Anne, love the twine and the little bells
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw Anne this is so pretty. I love the cute bells. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic work Anne - this is just beautiful - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Anne. Love the rustic colours and the embellishments are fabulous. Love the trees.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Anne.....what a lovely card and tag set! I've been using tons of that gorgeous paper and I'm definitely pinching your ideas...hahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely the Kraft paper is! I'm still at the petting and stroking stage with my pad, but I'll be brave and use it one day!! What a fabulous card and tag, so sophisticated!

    And how wonderful the Birthday Steak Pie sounds, what a terrific idea for a non-cake-lover!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely Birthday. Love the card and tag, makes a change sometimes not to use a stamp. Love all the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag Annie, and that Tree is terrific!! Gorgeous.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Anne. You sound like you had a lovely weekend. It was also my hubby's birthday on Saturday and we had a couple of days in Cheltenham so I'm catching up on visiting my fave blogs now. I've just noticed your tree die cut too, and noticed that I just bought the same one!!! Snap!!
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful browns here Anne and the rusty bells go so well, great card! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gone through pages and pages of your blog and wanted you to know that your cards are all beautiful. You're a great inspiration to those of us who love LOTV stamps but feel somewhat intimidated by them due to their detail. Thank you for showing such beautiful cards! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose