Monday 21 April 2014

Lemon/Yellow colour challenge…

 

 

Good evening crafters, I hope you’ve all had a lovely Easter weekend. The weather had been mixed here after a glorious start on Friday but today has been nice and I cleaned my conservatory. I hate doing it and keep putting it off but Keith was pottering about in the garage so I thought I’ll get it out of the way while it’s a warm day. I had hoped to get some crafting in today but for the first time this year it was really hot in the attic so I’ve left it until now and it’s cooled off a bit

 

*

There’s a new colour challenge at the Ribbon Girl and we would like to see your Yellow/Lemon projects. As always there is some fabulous inspiration from the design team so do go and have a browse at their work on the Ribbon Girl blog page. You can also find the full details for the challenge on there and how to enter

 

I made another one of these little baskets, they are so easy, just a 6 x 6 piece of paper scored into 9 and then cut and fold the sides up…

 

April - Yellow

April - Yellow 5 

 April - Yellow 3

 

I used some gorgeous goodies from the Ribbon Girl store to decorate my basket and you can find them all on their website

Yellow/gold glitter organza

 Darjeeling white mini blossom flowers

Lemon teeny tiny pompom trim

'Anne' antique white lace

Heart pinwheel

Pearl trim

 

…and, how cool is this, they now have a beautiful lace called ‘Anne’ which of course I had to use!!

 

*

 

Hope you like it, thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my Easter card I really do love to read them

Enjoy the rest of your Easter Monday everyone

 

 














12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and I've not tried to make one of these baskets yet. Probably a bit late for Easter this year, but will have to remember them, as they do sound easy. I also find yellow such a hard colour to use. I'm more of a pink, purple, blue kinda gal, but yellow is such a lovely colour to bring in Spring and it really does seem to cheer me up when I see the bright yellow flowers arrive. Love your basket, and that glittery bow is just stunning.
    I seem to have spent quite a lot this weekend, including some new net curtains, so I will need to clean our windows before I am willing to put them up. If you've finished your conservatory, is there any chance you'd like to pop round and do my windows too? :0)
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a beautiful basket Anne.Must have a go at making one.Hope you're okay.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! this is stunning Anne. The design is so beautiful and I love all your pretty yellow detailing and of course the gorgeous Anne lace!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty Anna - and so glad there's some Anne lace! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous I'll have to try making one now :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Anne ...happy crafting ..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhh waw Anne it looks amazing, such gorgeous colour and love the big bow you added. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT'S a pretty Easter basket if ever I saw one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is stunning, it looks perfect! So many beautiful embellishments and such a lovely bright colour.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little basket Anne, and the colours are gorgeous, love the lemon sparkly ribbon, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is beautiful Anne, love the lemon and white together it's so pretty:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Anne, this is amazing! I never think to use yellow but it looks stunning here! That organza bow is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose