Thursday 16 October 2014

I’m Back!

 

Afternoon lovely blogging buddies, it’s been ages since my last post and I’m sorry for not visiting any of your blogs for what seems like an age…

We had a fantastic holiday, Egypt is lovely and I’d certainly go back but the highlight for me was spending time as a family. I miss our time with the kids, it’s seems like ages since we were all together for any length of time in fact it’s even rare that we eat a meal together these days so a full week was great…   and there was no falling out which is always a bonus! I was having a bit of a panic because I thought I’d lost my camera but I found it yesterday so I’ll sort out a few piccies to share soon

 

We finally got my Mother in Law’s flat cleared but Jess has decided to move house now so she wanted to keep some of the furniture and household bits. It’s sensible because she can’t afford to buy everything new (the house she is in at the moment is furnished) but everything is of course now in our house and it’s driving me MAD, I can’t move for stuff it’s like Steptoe’s Yard!  I can’t believe how many costs are incurred just to rent a place, deposit, bond, rent up front, admin costs, £500 to fill the oil tank for the heating because there is no gas in the area…  she’s very excited though so it’s gonna be the bank of Mum and Dad to the rescue again me thinks!!

 

I finally found time to make a card, first time I’ve been in the attic for weeks. There’s a ‘Lovely Lili’ challenge at the Ribbon Girl this week and it’s to USE LACE…

 

08 October - Add Lace

 

I used a topper from the Magical Fairies art pad and the sentiment is from Simply Sophisticated

I took the colours from the image and found some perfect papers to match in a pad by Basic Grey, not colours I’d have put together usually but I like them

All the scrummy embellishments can be found at the Ribbon Girl

Laila lace

Tulle

Stardust stickles

Flatback gems

Gardenia

Cherry Blossom

 

 

You can see all the details for the challenge and some fab inspiration from the DT on the Ribbon Girl blog

*

I’m having a little break from the Papertake Weekly DT until I get myself caught up but do still pop over, this week’s challenge is ‘Things With Wings’

 

*

Have a fab Thursday all, thanks for popping by and your comments are very much appreciated… I’ll try and check out all your blogs very soon x

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Anne, adorable topper and purple and green always go so well together.
    The bank of Mum & Dad is a lifetime commitment.....if l totted up l would have thousands to spend on crafty stash lol. Hoping for a brighter day tomorrow to get in the garden to finish off cutting back.
    Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased you had a good holiday and enjoyed some special time with your family.
    Your card is gorgeous, such a sweet image and beautiful detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Anne, love the sweet image and your coloring.
    Egypt is a facinating country, so pleased yo had a great holiday there and spent time with the family, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and love the colours. Nice to hear you had a lovely holiday and also spending time with your family. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Anne, glad you are back in your craft room.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you back Anne, and you sound like you had a really fabulous holiday with the family:) Know where you are coming from with house moving, the cost never seems to end does it lol!! I don't wonder a lot of children are still at home way into there 20's as everything is just so expensive...
    I love your card and the colours are gorgeous... fabulous lace too!!
    Might see you at the Dome on Sunday if you are going:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty and I love the addition of the glitter and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased that you had a great holiday with your family. I know exactly what you mean about bank of mum and dad, with my two sons living with their girlfriends in rented accommodation.
    Lovely card Anne, the fairy is so sweet and I love your card design. I especially like the way you've used the lace on the card. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have been mega busy and I bet that holiday seems a life time ago. This is a beautiful card just love the gorgeous colours just perfect Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a lovely time in Egypt Anne. Hope you will share some pics when you get your camera sorted out! Love your card too, She's a gorgeous girlie, I have the stamp version and love her.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really glad you had a great holiday spending time with your family :) Your card is beautiful, this colour scheme looks gorgeous! I love the pretty lace too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose