Saturday 12 August 2017

Update and a Christmas challenge…




Good afternoon crafters, hope you’re all having a good Saturday

I’m starting to get back into my routine now after a busy few weeks and finally getting caught up with everything

I had a few days with my gorgeous friends Lou and Fleur in Spalding, we chat regularly but I haven’t seen them for a couple of years so it was wonderful to have a good catch up and I enjoyed the visit very much. Here’s me and Lou…

Anne and Lou 3x


I’ve also been visiting Mary and Andrea (the Ribbon Girls) who are my good friends. I went to stay with them in Newcastle and we had a fab couple of days crafting, I haven’t done any sewing for a while but Mary is doing a lot at the moment so I made this cute pincushion with some pretty Liberty fabric…

IMG-1430

and here’s me and Andrea…

3DFA8406-A299-4511-ABC0-47C1B3B93B02

I’ve also been doing more Mixed Media workshops but just realised I haven’t taken pictures of my finished projects so I’ll save that for another post


*

There is a Lili of the Valley challenge on Facebook and this month the theme is Christmas so we’d like to see what you’ve been making with the new images or indeed any of the older ones

I’ve used one of the new release and this is ‘Santa Snoozing’…

LOTV santa snoozing

The sentiment is from Digi Stamp Boutique and the papers are Nitwits ‘candles and cake’

*

This is the card I shared a couple of weeks ago using ‘Blessed’

I said at the time I didn’t like the green ribbon I’d used so I took it apart. I didn’t want to waste the image I’d coloured so it’s a bit smaller now where the glue had stuck but I‘m happier with it! 


LOTV Blessed 2


This has turned into quite a long post! If you’re still with me I’ll just finish by telling you that I’ve made up a lovely candy bundle as I promised for reaching 400 followers so I’ll take a piccie of that and post it mid-week

*

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend everyone


Butterfly_1_Signaturenew






31 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of you and your friends!! And that pincushion is gorgeous!! I love the cards!! Snoozing Santa is adorable!! I love the sparkle on the fur!! And I love how you reworked the sweet angel card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushion is gorgeous and love the fabric. I used to have an addiction for fabric and dressmaking. Now it has moved onto papers!! Love the cards and great designs. I still have my new LOTV stamps sitting on my desk. So thank you for the inspiration. Have lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol s.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I too sewed when I was younger but now my love for fabric has been replaced by papers!

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards and your pincushion is fabulous... aren't you clever?! (I'm useless with fabric lol). :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, love the photos. Your cards are gorgeous too
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you have been out and about enjoying yourself, how lovely and what gorgeous cards too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy times are precious, glad you have enjoyed your friends and made some craft! Your pincushion is a delight, as well the two cards! Love them both, the Santa Snoozing with elf and cat looks amazing with the sparkling details, such beautifl new release! And love the cuteness of the second card with the baby and the angels, great colouring and design with the cross stitching and these ribbons!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound as though you have been having fun with friends Anne...good for you...and you still have time to craft too! Love the pincushion and your Santa card...and you are so like me...dog with a bone...not happy with something so it has to be changed until till you are happy...result Anne this still looks a fab card even after doctoring. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, glad it's not just me. I usually change my mind just after I've glued it! x

      Delete
  8. So glad for you getting to meet up with all your friends and have a fantastic time with them :). Love the pincushion, such a fab design with gorgeous fabric too.
    The Santa card is so cute! Wonderful colouring and great choice of papers. I really like how you've cut the sentiment out. The angel card looks so much nicer with that ribbon, excellent choice!
    Can't wait to see your mixed media creations.
    My post about being grateful did upset one person unfortunately which was not my intention at all so I'm grateful for your lovely comment on that and my other post, thank you :). Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, you always leave such a lovely comment. I'm sorry someone wasn't happy about what you wrote but it's your blog and you should say what you feel in your posts. I don't think it wasn't offensive or upsetting, just your thoughts to which you are entitled :o)

      Delete
  9. Hi Anne, pleased to hear you have been meeting up with like minded crafting friends and catching up. I just love Santa snoozing, what a brilliant image, beautifully coloured, and designed.
    Noticed Manny on the side bar, just love how you've captured the shot with his little head to the side as if he's listening to you. He's just a wee cutie, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate - I love him, he's my baby!

      Delete
  10. Hi Anne, your pics are lovely and I'm pleased you've been having fun with your friends. Your cards are really pretty too. I especially love Santa! I've not used him yet, but maybe soon! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! It's cool you had such a fab time with your friends. I love your pin cushion, how clever - I can't sew at all! Gorgeous cards too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Anne so pleased to meet you (so to speak). Faye's stamp has sold out 3 times here in the UK . I told her it would sell but she did't believe me! Enjoy your class with her. Following your blog but blogger has decided to put me in incognito and I can't find out why it is going that. Hugs Mrs A (valeryAnne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Valery, I'm sorry your incognito!!

      Delete
  13. Lovely photos of you and your friends and so glad to hear you had a great time. Love your pin cushion and the gorgeous fabric and also your wonderful christmas cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pin cushion and your cards are so lovely.
    Love your photos/ cute...
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne

    Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time catching up with everyone .. .. the things happy memories are made of.

    Fabby projects too. Loving your pincushion very much.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was pretty pleased to discover this website. I want to to thank you for your time
    for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have
    you saved to fav to check out new information on your blog.
    corso excel base

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos of you and your friends, and i love the beautiful pin cushion. Your Christmas cards are gorgeous, pretty angels and fabulous father Christmas images. The new lotv images are so adorable, I have to get some… x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose