Thursday 4 January 2018

A new year and a look back…



Good morning lovely crafty friends, happy new year and I hope you all had a good Christmas. It’s passed so quickly and ours was pretty quiet this year but thankfully (and for a change) we all escaped the bugs and viruses that have been going round. Keith and I don’t really do pressies any more but I got the obligatory cookery book, pandora charm and perfume. My laptop is playing up so I will be replacing it soon and that will be my Christmas present to myself!
 
*
 
Joe was 21 on new years eve, we had a lovely family day and then he had a party with his friends. He works in a cocktail bar and they let him have the top floor for the evening which was very good of them considering it’s such a busy night
 
This is my Joe, he loved having his picture taken and was always posing for me…
 
joe 21
 
 
and this is on his birthday making his Mum a cocktail, a rare picture of him as I can’t get him in front of the camera now…

IMG-3095

I’ll be back shortly with new images from LOTV - but for today I thought I’d do the traditional look back over the previous year and share a few of my favourite makes…

christmas swap
 
Cosy Together
 
All loved up
 
LOTV Jasmine shopping
 
LOTV ballet shoes
LOTV Two's Company
 
LOTV Lazy Daisy stamp
 
LOTV Greg Cupcake

…bit of a Lili of the Valley theme going on here isn’t there lol!!
I resolved to use all my other stamps when I left and I still buy lots of different brands but I just love their images and they always seem to have one that suits my needs
My cards have changed over the last couple of years, I use a lot less flowers and ribbon now preferring a cleaner style, it’s interesting to look back
 
*
 
Sorry for all the pics, if you’re still here thanks so much for stopping by!
I’d love to know what you think if you have time to leave me a comment, I’ve been reading from a few bloggers recently about the shift to Facebook and Instagram but I do like to blog although it’s not as often as I intend. I do use Facebook but not for my cards, and I like to visit everyone's blogs and see what you have been up to too
 
Have a good day all whatever you’re up to

Butterfly_1_Signaturenew




28 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you Anne and a happy belated birthday to Joe, I hope he had a wonderful time.
    These are all really wonderful cards and I look forward to seeing what beauties you'll create this coming year. Must admit I don't do Facebook and I've no intention to start... I'm happy enough to carry on blogging while they're are still others out there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Happy Belated Birthday to Joe too. Love the photos - they are so much fun! The cocktail he is making looks yummy - he is a good looking lad! Gorgeous look through your cards - I have two LOTV stamps coming that I bought in their half price sale! Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've had a lovely Christmas and new year. I'm so glad. Lovely to see some of your beautiful makes again. Hope you're ok dearie. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne

    Happy 2018 .. .. I hope it is a good year for you.

    Your Christmas sounds lovely .. .. well done on staying germ free! LOL!!

    Belated birthday wishes to your Son. I love the collection of photographs you have put together of him .. .. especially the one of him in his Santa hat.

    I must admit I just love my blog .. .. I don't use Facebook or Instagram at all. In fact my blog has become a bit of a diary and I quite often look back on it to see when something in particular happened.

    Lovely collection of cards too Anne.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, yes I like to look back too at old posts and read what I was doing!

      Delete
  5. happy new year Anne, loving the collage of your son (happy 21st Joe) and the lili theme. I hope you enjoyed your Dakari (don't know if I have spelt it right). Ann. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, it was lovely well spotted (think there is a Q in there somewhere!)x

      Delete
  6. Adorable pictures of your son when he was a baby, how fun faces he made! :D
    Happy Birthday to him!
    Your array of cards looks fabulous, they are all so lovely!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Anne and a belated birthday wish to your son. Sounds like you all had a great time. It was lovely to see all these gorgeous cards in your review of 2017 and I look forward to seeing what creations yo share in 2018! As for blogging, I much prefer to write my blog although I have got it set to automatically share my blog post on to FB. I don't blog as often as I'd like though, time just always slips away from me lately but maybe that can be one of my resolutions this year?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine I didn't know you could do that I'll have to take a look. Good idea for a resolution! x

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! What fantastic photos of your son, they must hold such wonderful memories for you.
    All your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I don't do Facebook or Instagram so would miss seeing people's cards. I've been Awol due to illness but hope to be back blogging soon. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, hope you are feeling better. I keep popping by your blog so hope you'll be back soon xx

      Delete
  9. Très bonne année à toi ! Ton fils est très photogénique et tes cartes toujours merveilleuses !!
    Bises
    Thaly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anne!
    Lovely family pictures!
    Gorgeous cards!
    Happy new year to you and your family!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you Anne, wonderful photos of Jo, thank you for sharing them, they grow up so quickly, too quickly.
    Lovely selection of cards too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, it makes me sad I don't know where all those years have gone xx

      Delete
  12. Fabulous card choices Anne, and some lovely pics of Joe too! That cocktail looks yummy. I hope you had a good time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Anne, this is such a fabulous section of beautiful cards! I absolutely love each and every one of them. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous pics, I hope you had a great night on New Years Eve.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful cards Anne and I love he pics of Joe. I still prefer to look at blogs too, they are so much better at getting details and techniques across. The disadvantage is that it takes a lot more time to show your appreciation of a card, it's a shame there's no 'like' button on Blogger :o)
    Looking forward to see what else you create in 2018.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina, a 'like' button would be great just so people knew you popped by. Commenting takes such a long time x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose