Tuesday 16 September 2014

Lovely Lili…

 

 

Morning all, it seems ages since my last post, I’ve had a bit of a hectic few weeks

I was relieved when my Mother in Law’s funeral was over, I think you feel better afterwards but then we had the flat to clear which was quite a job. They moved there from a house about 10 years ago so did downsize quite a bit then but there was a lot of stuff and I spent half my time looking through old pictures reminiscing (and laughing quite a lot actually at some of the ones of my hubby when he was young!!)

Then I’ve had this awful cold and sore throat that seems to have been going around, we’re going away next week so it is well timed, I think we’re all ready for a rest!

 

 

ribbon girl logo

 

The Ribbon Girl challenge had a break over the summer so this is my first card for a while for them, it’s Lovely Lili week and the theme is a nice one…

ADD FLOWERS

 

I used one of the cute images from the Here Comes Annabel art pad, these toppers are so useful when you don’t have time to colour and I made a circle easel card…

 

 

07 September - Flowers

Ribbin Girl flowers 2

 Ribbin Girl flowers 1

 

I used some of my favourite Lili of the Valley papers from the pretty Pastel Dreams pad and a sentiment from Set 9

The doily dies are Nellie Snellen and of course some gorgeous goodies from the Ribbon Girl shop; Kort and Godt rolled paper roses, silver glitter mesh ribbon, tulle, stickles, flatback pearls

 

Hope you like it, you can see more details about the challenge on the Ribbon Girl blog and as always there is some fab inspiration from the design team

There aren’t enough hours in a day at the moment so I’m having a break from the Papertake team until after my holidays, don’t forget to check out the challenge over there every Tuesday as Dawny always has a fab theme and some lovely prizes

 

***

 

Hope you’re all well, thanks for stopping by and for all your kind comments

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Have a good break and come back refreshed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in your shoes when my mum dies Anne. I too spent more time sifting through old photos that my mum had 'stolen' from family when she visited and of course her own photos. It helped relieve the sadness looking at all the fashions and antics everyone got up to.
    Anyway, onto your amazing card. No-one says that you have to have coloured an image yourself for it to be handmade. This beautiful card proves it! I especially love those rolled flowers. So much so, I'm going to make a load as soon as I come off the PC!
    I hope you get well really quickly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A holiday is just the best tonic Anne...ours is just coming to an end. ..We have re charged our batteries. Such a sweet card great design and colours. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a rough few weeks, and hopefully a holiday will do you good.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love teh sweet image and shape.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the last few weeks have been difficult for you Anne. I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your well earned holiday.
    Your card is beautiful. I love the sweet image and pretty design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of weeks but hopefully the break will help.
    Love your card, and the toppers are great for a quick make. Have a lovely holiday.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of your mum-in-law and then the difficult task of clearing her home. I hope your break helps you relax and recover your health.
    Lovely card Anne. Great card design with the sweet topper. The flowers look so pretty with the glitter ribbon. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the sounds of what you have just been through Anne, a holiday is just what you need. Sorry to hear about your loss, it's never easy. Love your card. These Art Pads are so useful. Going to Ally Pally on Saturday, so will be buying more. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Anne and I hope you find crafting relieves some of the sorrows. Enjoy your holiday - you certainly deserve a rest. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you're feeling better now! Your card is gorgeous, I love the easel style and pretty pearls and rolled roses. Hope you have a fantastic holiday! x
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose