Saturday 20 May 2017

Organising – and new LOTV launched today!

 

 

Good morning crafty friends, the weekend again already and I can’t believe we’re at May 20th… where is the year going?

I’ve spent quite a lot of time recently watching a lady on you tube decluttering her crafty stash. Keith said it was like watching grass grow but I was hooked. There are plenty of shiny new craft rooms on display all beautifully organised but that isn’t reality for the majority of us

This lady went through every item, she ummed and arred about getting rid of things and found so much stuff she forgot she had. She didn’t mind showing the mess and the clutter and I was fascinated taking a peek into someone else's stash like that. Because she’s been crafting for as long as me (about 25 years) I found I have a lot of the items she was unearthing; hidden and unused in favour of new and many were from Companies that are no longer in business. You can find the videos under Rach0113 if any of you have 15 hours to waste…   by the way I had it on while I was crafting or watched in bed if I had a sleepless night, it wasn’t in one go !!

One thing that I did realise is that I seriously need to declutter and I also need to do some indexing. I have boxes of stamps that are never used yet I still always reach for the same few favourites. I just collect them and I’m going the same way with dies and papers. So, I’m going to start cataloguing and I’ll take pics as I go for anyone who is interested (maybe no-one, but I think it will be therapeutic!!) I am a very organised person usually and I do know where everything is, but (like many of you I suspect) I just have too much stuff

*

Onto my cards and the new stamps from LOTV launch today. There are 20 of the most adorable images, these designs really are what everyone loves about Lili of the Valley and you will want them all!

First up is one of my favourites (if I had to pick one) and it’s called ‘Hand to Hold’…

 

LOTV hand to hold

 

My second card today is using ‘Two’s Company’…

 

LOTV Two's Company

I love creating a scene and this cute image is perfect for that using some clouds and a sun die

Hope you like them, the new stamps will be available in rubber, digi and simply print sheets from midday

*

That’s it from me, Keith is at work this morning so I’m having an hour crafting before he gets home while it’s quiet

Enjoy your weekend everyone, as always thanks so much for stopping by

 

 

Butterfly_1_Signaturenew

 

 

 

 

30 comments:

  1. Super jolie et totalement adorable !!
    Bises
    Thaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Anne, both of them, and I'm loving these new images. I am sure we all need a de-clutter occasionally. I have phases where I just stuff all my new stuff into a pretty box to sort out sometime in the future, and then have a blitz on sorting it out. I do like my stuff to be organised, but there is also a lot that I've stuffed away thinking there may be a need for it at some point and I'm not willing to throw it away. I may have a peek at the videos you've watched, but will definitely be interested to see how you get on with your quest. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, yes I like things to be organised too :o)

      Delete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Anne, both images adorable and beautiful designs.
    I will have to go through my craft stash before we'll move to new house, hopefully it will be all in boxes organised and labeled. All the best with organising your crafty stash and I am looking forward to see how you get on.
    Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia - you will find lots of things you forgot you had!!

      Delete
  4. Ooh your cards are wonderful! Those are both gorgeous stamps, my favourites of the release! I need to sort my craft room out too, I was looking through my stamps yesterday and have so many old ones I haven't even used yet cause I forgot I had them! I will try and watch the videos, it may help with ideas on how to sort things out! Would love to see piccies of your de-cluttering and indexing too! Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, I am pleased it's not just me buying too much!

      Delete
  5. Anne your cards are stunning. I couldn't wait for the new stamps to be shipped to me in USA so bought all the digis at such a great offer.
    Like you I have been crafting for many years and have collected (well maybe hoarded) lots of things along the way. I do have my stamps and half of my dies catalogued but gave up half way through becuase it was such a big job! Have fun discovering what you forgot you had and yes we would love to see pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, I do wish I had started the cataloguing years ago - I have a big job ahead!

      Delete
  6. Two beautiful cards Anne and such gorgeous colours!! I love this new release and I'm tempted to buy a couple:)
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Anne. Love these new stamps.
    Good luck with your craft room....you're welcome to have a practice run on mine ;-)
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine - we need a craft room fairy!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous cards Anne, loving the new stamps. Happy decluttering, sounds like a nightmare job. I have all my stamps catalogued and in numbered boxes but thankfully started that in the early days x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I wish I'd done it years ago too!

      Delete
  9. I'm enought a newbie to stamps and dies, so I surely haven't all the items you have, but I understand very well, because I'm a compulsive hoardered LOL :D of any thing that could be recycled and it's terrific how many things a room is able to contain... LOL :D I too have to organizing my stash! I'm interested to see the photos of your craftroom and old items out of business. Your cards are both adorable, love the new LOTV images, so sweet and useful! Your design and colouring look fabulous!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, it's very hard to throw something away that may be useful I know!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous cards Anne. Love the scenes you have created. I bought 4 today and looking forward to getting them. I have a tidy up in my craft room from time to time but then I regret it, as I forget where I have moved things to!!! Very frustrating! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, that's so true. I've moved a few things downstairs and I'm all at sixes and sevens because I knew exactly where everything was in the attic! Hope today wasn't too sad for you x

      Delete
  11. Such cute images and both are on my 'have to have' list. Your cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two adorable cards Anne! Fabulous colouring and card designs. I've just bought quite a few of them, can't bring myself to admit how many :D. Although I've only been in my craft room a couple of years I already need decluttering! I have soo many LOTV stamps, many that haven't been inked yet to my shame. I really need to get cracking on using them. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, it's amazing how quickly the stash builds up isn't it!

      Delete
  13. Two beautiful cards Anne...really fresh looking. This sorting lark and collecting lark...well it sounds just like me...I shall be interested to hear how ruthless you can be! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards so pretty and the new release is fab. Very interested in the de clutter if i find a spare six months I might achieve that !!! love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, we just need a craft room fairy don't we!

      Delete
  15. I love these cards! I just got the Hand to Hold digi and love, love, love it! You did a great job on your cards. Fab colouring, great layouts and pretty papers. I like how you added the flowers on the bottom one. I have that sun die and use it over and over... one of my faves.
    I've just spent some time sorting and decluttering. Was sort of forced to... after many years in the same house, we moved into a much smaller place and I've finally got around to sorting through 'my stuff' and am going to try to list and sell the excess. Believe me... you'd probably never know I did anything because I still have so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Marilyn. I think we're all the same aren't we, it just builds up over the years and it's very hard to get rid of things x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose