Sunday 14 May 2017

Squidgies, and facebook challenge

 

 

 

Good morning everybody, I hope you are having a lovely weekend

We’ve been enjoying some glorious weather the last couple of weeks and it’s been nice to get out in the garden. I hope it hasn’t peaked too early though, this has happened before and then we don’t get any Summer so you have to make the most of it!

My neck is finally feeling a bit better so I’ve been doing some crafting although I still can’t spend long colouring, I get engrossed and end up looking down for too long!

*

I have 2 cards to share today, the first is another of the new stamps from Lili of the Valley which will be released on the 20th so not long to wait

There are some really adorable images and this one is called Ballet Shoes…

 

LOTV ballet shoes

 

I used NitWits papers from the ‘Romance and Roses collection, the heart embossing folder is Sue Wilson (it’s my new favourite!)

The border die is Tattered Lace, the leaves are Noor design and the sentiment is Lili of the Valley

It’s a long time since I’ve put flowers on a card but this little girl is so pretty they are perfect with her; you can get the flowers as well as lots of other gorgeousness from the Ribbon Girl 

 

A final call for the May Facebook challenge as it closes tonight so just time to sneak in if you’re quick, the theme is ‘Happy Birthday’ so a nice easy one

There are some great prizes as always, you can enter and see all the details on the Facebook Page here

 

**

 

My second card is using one of my favourite stamps from Stamping Bella; these Squidgie characters are adorable and this one is Huggy Squidgies

 

MMCS-7-Stamping-Bella-Huggy-Squidgie[1]

 

The background was stamped Halftone Circles by Altenew which also includes some great sentiments and matching dies. I cut the ‘thanks’ 3 times in card and layered them together to create a dimensional embellishment

I used Pastel Dreams papers from NitWits, Spellbinders labels one with matching decorative elements, and the cute button flowers are Crafter’s Companion

I can’t wait for the latest designs from Stamping Bella and Kitty will have them in soon at My Mum’s Craft shop so keep an eye on the website

Now I’m looking at this I don’t like the heavy strip across the middle so I think I’ll be changing it. I always lay my cards out before I stick them and then inevitabley change my mind about something the minute I’ve glued it!

 

**

 

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them

Enjoy your Sunday crafters

 

 

Butterfly_1_Signaturenew

20 comments:

  1. Hi Anne...love your cards...especially the first one...really lovely image especially if you know any little girls that dance! A really pretty card. I like how yu have done the background on the second one. Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous and I love the images too. Glad you're feeling a bit better sweetie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards. Our weather has been up and down, not many sunny days but today was mostly sunny for a change

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two supercute cards, great colouring and LOVE the first one, so sweet and delicate!
    I'm glad your neck feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, these are super. Lovely colours and embellishments. I know what you mean about laying everything out, I can spend all night putting it together then changing my mind, nightmare.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so beautiful, Anne!! I love the images you used!! The papers and details are fabulous on both!! Love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards and great designs. Love them both and looking forward to the new stamps. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Anne. Love the pretty design of the top one and the very sweet stamp on the second.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards Anne!! Love both card designs and your colouring is just wonderful. Hard to choose a favourite but the top one slightly creeps ahead as I do like flowers on cards. I really like how you made a background paper with the Altenew stamp.
    I really wish your neck would get completely better for you. From bitter experience I know what a pain, literally, it is when something stops you doing what you want to. Sending a gentle hug, don't want to crush you :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra, you are kind xx

      Delete
  10. Two great cards looking forward to the new release looks like some great designs love your Stamping Bella card such a fun. I hope your neck keeps improving Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose