Sunday 20 January 2019

Pearls or Buttons?


 
Good evening lovely crafty friends, did you have a nice weekend?
 
I went to see the new Mary Poppins film with Jess, it wouldn’t have been my choice but she wanted to see it. I actually really enjoyed it – good old fashioned family entertainment!
 
We used to go to the cinema often… maybe we are just getting old and grumpy but after an altercation with some yobs who were running riot and people chatting/phone screens/bags rustling etc we usually end up deciding it’s easier to watch in the comfort of our own home!!
 
*
 
Must mention before I get onto my card that our lovely Loti from Mama Makes is expecting a precious baby boy
To celebrate she’s offering a fantastic 30% discount across the store until Feb 1st
 
 
https://mamamakesstore.co.uk/

*
 

The new AYLI challenge is Pearls or Buttons; which is your favourite and why?
I do like to use both but recently have been using pearl drops instead and I love them. The Nuvo drops come in a great range of colours and you can make them any size you like – no fiddly gluing them on either!
This is one of the new Lili of the Valley fairies, the colours were dictated by the papers which were in my scrap box. I have years and years of bits that I can’t bring myself to throw out so I’m trying to actually use some of them…
 
 
 
Stamp – LOTV Lily Sparkle
Sentiments – LOTV large magical set
Flowers/leaves - Simon Says Stamp
 
The pearl drops in the centres of the flowers were done with Nuvo ‘bubblegum blush’ and ‘simply white’ crystal drops
 
You can enter the challenge and see all the details on the AYLI page
 
*
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a good week all
 
 
 
 



28 comments:

  1. It's so sweet!! I love the beautiful fairy!! The colors are gorgeous!! I love using the Nuvo drops, too :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, this LOTV fairy is delicious and love your fresh design! Great colouring!
    I love Nuvo drops too... and Mary Poppins :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Anne...fab colouring and I am with you on the scrap box...I have way too much but it's too good to toss! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole (pleased it's not just me!)
      Anne x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Anne and I love the colours. Love the nuvo drops too.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Anne, and glad you had fun with Jess at the flicks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the colour combo on your card, such a sweet image too, altogether wonderful.

    Agree about the cinema, such a shame as it was a treat to go. Glad you enjoyed the film though.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and I absolutely LOVE the colour scheme xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colours Anne and the sweet fairy is so cute. A beautiful card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie and love the colours. I usually do it the other way round. Colour first and then heart in mouth go and search for papers to go with it. I have loads of oddments too. As fast as I use them up more appear a bit like a never ending card! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes that's how it goes, I can't bear to throw them away so I'll never be rid of the scraps how ever many I use!!

      Delete
  10. Such a spring coloured creation just what you need a dark dull day, I love the image she is so cute and your layout is fab too, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Anne, lovely sweet image and gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Anne, I totally adore these fab colours. Love your colouring - it's perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Anne, such a pretty image and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card loving the stamp and your pretty colours its beautiful Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose