Wednesday 31 October 2018

Halloween or Autumn?




Good afternoon crafty friends, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by

Another beautiful day here, we really have had some gorgeous Autumn weather the last couple of weeks. I’m going to tidy up the garden, my neighbour has a huge oak tree and we seem to end up with all the leaves!

Then I think I’ll take Manny for a nice walk, I love it when it’s breezy and chilly and sunny, my favourite sort of day

I thought I’d share this picture today with it being Halloween, my Great Niece went pumpkin picking and carried this one round the whole time! she’s such a cutie…


44492973_2175116259370006_4023144725711159296_n

*

The As You Like It challenge for this fortnight is to share your favourite Halloween or Autumnal colours

I do like to add black to my cards but it has to be subtle which is why I’ve gone for Halloween. As much as I love Autumn and all the colours that come with it I feel that Halloween sort of gives permission to use lots of black and it looks great with green, purple, orange or yellow

I’ve had this Tim Holtz die a while but never had chance to use it…

IMG-1047

The little stamps and sentiment are from the Mama Makes ‘Monster Mash Up’ set

You can find all the details for the challenge here

AYLI


I thought I’d just add this shaker card too while I’m posting…

IMG-1076

These are also Mama Makes stamps and there will be a step by step for it on the Mama Makes blog

*

That’s it from me for today, I’ll be back soon with news about the new product launch from LOTV

Have a great day everyone



Butterfly_1_Signaturenew



14 comments:

  1. Your niece is adorable! :)
    Two beautiful cards, so different. Love especially the Christmas shaker with that cute snowman and the girl. The distressed edges look amazing on white paper and black mats!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Anne and an adorable pic of your great niece xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely Anne. I agree with you the weather has been glorious, there is nothing better than going out for a lovely walk this time of year. Thank you for sharing an adorable photo of your Great Niece.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anne, two fabulous cards, I always love a shaker card, its a super design and love the dies and colours of your Halloween card.
    Your little one is so sweet,the pumpkin is almost as big as her.

    As for Scotch Broth.. I use a leg of lamb cooked in the slow cooker till the meat falls away from the bone. The stock is used for the base of the soup. I soak the broth mixture overnight to help with cooking. Adding carrot,turnip, leek and potato,put it all together with seasoning. I think this is just basic Anne. I also put in a bit of the shredded lamb. It is very tasty and great in this cold weather, give it a go, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two brilliant fun cards, The ghosts are great and the shaker is adorable. Love the snowman and friend.
    Your little niece is adorable and love her hat! What a beautiful smile too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet picture of your great niece!! She's adorable!! Both of your cards are so fabulous!! I love the Halloween scene and the beautiful shaker!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous couple of cards Anne. I love the owl background die too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose